Kessi

Regular
Reaction score
I'll be sharing a fairly simple method to change the MAC address of your windows device. (This will be explained for Windows 10 not sure if older version windows follow same procedure)

Step 1.
Open command prompt; type "regedit" to open registry editor. Leave it minimized after opening while we work on the process to change MAC and then we will get back to registry editor.

Step 2.
Open command prompt application again; type "getmac /v /fo list" and confirm MAC Addresses

You should get a list like:
Connection Name: Wi-Fi
Network Adapter: Adapter Name eg Intel xxxxxx xxx xxxxx
Physical Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Transport Name: \Device\Tcpip_{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}

**Take note of the Physical Address. That is your MAC address
**Take note of the values in the Transport Name ONLY the values within the{brackets}
**IF you're using an Ethernet connection as your source then you want to MAC Spoof your Ethernet adapter instead, it is the same process

Step 3.
Open the registry editor from earlier, under COMPUTER we want to locate the file LOCAL MACHINE > right click on SYSTEM folder > Find > and then paste your values from "Transport Name"

Step 4.

It will then directly take you to the adapters file in which you are trying to MAC Spoof. For my case it took me to the Wifi adapter.

Step 5.
Don't navigate out of the page but right click on a blank area and click New > String Value > name file as "NetworkAddress"
* Keep registry editor open/minimized

Step 6.
Grab new MAC Address (generate.plus has a free MAC address generator) You want to input the new values into string value of the NetworkAddress file we created
*** Whatever MAC address you generated make sure the 2nd Value of the MAC is A,E,2, or 6 if it is another number/letter just change it for 100% MAC Spoof guarantee and close registry editor

Step 7.
In Network Connections, Disable then Enable the wifi driver or whichever driver you spoofed.

Step 8.
Open command prompt type "getmac /v /fo list" and your new MAC should be appearing!

Top Bottom